Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 465 In Iowa... Let's Start a Bucket List!

Not like I'm counting or anything.. And through that year and three plus months I've gone through a house, an apartment (more like dorm), a car crash (RIP Corolla), about 3 blizzards, my first Chargers game, my first official girlfriend in 8 years, my first official breakup in 8 years (3 weeks later), 3 bosses, 2 supervisors, one life changing culture shocking experience from the midwest, and made some of the best friends I could ever imagine.

As great a place as I think I'm in right now, I, for some reason, cannot grasp that I could very well be here for a long long time. God's been showing me things about myself that has allowed me to grow spiritually, He has humbled me beyond what I thought could be done, and He's given me an appreciation for the life I live (and I will write soon on what those things are).

There's something in the corner of my mind that cannot comprehend that California is not my State of residence. Every other (early) morning I wake up, stare at the glowing stars on my ceiling and say "Whoa. I moved from Long Beach, CA to Ankeny, IA. Un. Real." I know right? Every time someone hears that, I hear "Um and you did that because...?"

Oh come on, Iowans.. There's fun things to do other than corn shucking.... Right? Well my parents and older brother are PROBABLY coming to visit with my baby bro graduating and all (Lord willing) this May, and I should PROBABLY do some homework on my state and see what there is to do here, so through my online research, I've compiled some things I want to do  before I leave Iowa/this Earth.

1. Iowa State Fair




I hear it's one of the best in the US. And I've had an opportunity to go... And I bought a plane ticket from August 10-24 to Long Beach, so 2012 is probably out of the question but I NEED to go to one. I hear all the hullabaloo about these fairs, rides, deep fried novelties, and blah blah blah. I just need to witness how lame great these fairs are in person.. Plus Colbie Caillait and Maroon 5 were all performing here in the recent years and I MISSED EM!
2. Corn Maze



Well the one pictured here is Arnold's Park, IA. I just want to go into a corn maze. I hate close quarters and I'm kind of claustrophobic (spelled that correctly without spell check *back pat*), but I was inspired by a Rob Dyrdek, "... Next time you have a dream, go try to live it and see if you suck at it," and yes my allergies and fears will be tested but at least I get to cross something off a list!

3. Miniature Golf

Well I don't know where one is here. I've seen ads for a couple courses, but they've shut down. And I've seen some lame courses,  but dang it, MINI GOLF IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS TO DO EVER, AND I WILL FIND A LEGITIMATE COURSE.

4. Out of State Festivities - Like going to the Mall of America, going to Oklahoma Joe's which I hear is the best BBQ ever, and maybe visit Chicago for some of their scenery like the bean, eat a deep dish pizza... Wrigley Field...

These are just a few of the things on top of my head, and I really really wanna do something adventurous starting in 2012 when weather permits. Who's in?

No comments:

Post a Comment