Monday, February 21, 2011

The Next Episode

Ooooo... Another blog. In all honesty, I like to write. I love publishing my thoughts. I find that I can save this here and look back on another day to reflect on how much better/worse I am. I strayed away from my other blog site because I wanted to separate my past self with me right now. I know that sounds kinda stuck up, I did not kill Jason Reyes, I just merely wanted to hide the broken-hearted, emo, self-loathing Californian and disassociate him with the new, I-don't-know-where-my-life-is-headed-but-I-like-it, upbeat, responsible Iowan. Wow, I hate hyphenating words.

Welp... Here I am. In Iowa for the 5th month, going on 6th  in a couple weeks. I still feel like I just moved here, but I'm sure I've grown so much and it's sad to say but I have grown apart from my friends and family back home.

I have a job at the Internal Revenue Service, and to be honest, that job has killed a couple of my emotions. I am a robot, and sometimes I have to snap myself out of it. The once, compassionate, loving, sensitive young man from Long Beach is now a working robot. Almost nothing phases me, and this blog is a thing to salvage some of that old Jason.

Being on my own out here would be tough without a strong support system. I'm living with a great friend, Alex, and my brother, Ryne. They keep me grounded. They keep me honest, and, in Christ, they make me a better person. I don't know what God has in store for the next couple of months out here in Iowa outside of my element, but I know that he's doing things. Welcome to my life, Blogger. Here's to overcoming mediocrity and making the ordinary adventurous.

1 comment: